DRIVER EDUCATION IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. WE ARE NOT SURE WHEN CPS WILL ALLOW US TO OPEN AGAIN.
YOU MUST WEAR A MASK WHILE AT DRIVER EDUCATION. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN MASK.
Directors: Paul Wrenn and Vince Dinella
Address: 5630 S. Rockwell
Chicago, IL 60629
Summer Hours (July 13th - August 21st)
Monday - Saturday: 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Gage Park Driver Education will be closed on the following days:
Saturday, July 4th
The Chicago Public Schools Driver Education Program consists of three phases. The first phase is the Classroom, which can be taken at the student's high school or at Gage Park High School. The second phase is the Range class, and the third phase consists of the Traffic classes. In order for a student to sign up for the Range class at Gage Park High School, he or she must show proof of successful completion of the Driver Education Classroom.
Next Driver Education Classroom:
- The next class will begin on Tuesday July 7th, and be an online class. Students will have to come in person one day at the end of the class to take a final exam and pay the fee for the class. Assignments will be posted daily (Monday-Thursday) at 8:00 AM. Please contact us if you are interested in enrolling in the classroom portion of driver education.
- Days: Mondays - Thursdays
- Time: Daily assignments posted at 8:00 AM
- Cost: $50
Next Available Range Class:
- You must sign up for Range Class in person.
- Saturday, July 18th, 2020 and Saturday, July 25th, 2020
- 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, or 11:00 AM
Driver Education Fees:
$50 fee for Classroom
- This fee must be paid on the first day of class and may be paid in cash.
$20 fee for Instruction Permit
- This fee must be in the form of a check or money order made payable to "IL Secretary of State."
$50 fee for Behind-the-Wheel Classes (Range and Traffic)
- This fee must be paid online with a credit card or an eCheck. Please click the “EPAY” link below.