Eligibility for Illinois Driver's License:
This page is for information about getting your Illinois Driver's License. There are four requirements to be eligible for this:
1. You must complete the Behind-the-Wheel (Traffic) classes.
2. You must be at least 16 years old.
3. You must have your permit for at least 9 months.
4. You must complete 50 hours of driving practice at home with an adult who is 21 years of age or older.
Illinois Secretary of State:
The Illinois Secretary of State's Office will issue your Illinois Driver's License.
The Illinois Secretary of State's Office is accepting appointments, which will prevent you from waiting in line.
You must bring the appropriate documents in order to get your Illinois Driver's License.
- Proof of address
- Proof of insurance
- Instruction permit
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- 50 Hour driving log
- Your parent or legal guardian must be present
- Bring a car for the road test